Kabul (BNA) Zabihullah Mujhaid spokesman of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) early on Tuesday announced a caretaker government to run the affairs in Afghanistan.
The government headed by Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund, while Mullah Abdul Ghani Barader will serve as a deputy to Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund, along with Mawlavi Abdul Salam Hanafi.
Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund, the new interim prime minister, served as deputy foreign minister from 1996 to 2001, when the Taliban was last in power.
Mullah Yaqoob, the son of the Taliban founder and late supreme leader Mullah Mohammad Omar, was named defense minister, while the position of interior minister was given to Sirajuddin Haqqani, the leader of Haqqani network.
Meanwhile, the supreme leader of Taliban, Mullah Hibatullah Akhundzada has said the new leadership would ensure lasting peace, prosperity and development in Afghanistan.
In a statement, he assured all the countrymen that the new Afghan government will work hard for upholding Islamic rules and sharia law in the country.
Hibatullah Akhundzada urged the Afghan people not try to leave the country.
He said all Afghans will take part in strengthening the system and the country and in this way they will rebuild their war-torn country.
Accordingly, the cabinet minister of the new Islamic government and his deputies, the interim heads of key security and service ministries, some of their deputies and other chief executives are announced as follow:
- Alhaj Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund Acting Prime Minister
2. Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar Deputy Prime Minister
3. Maulvi Abdul Salam Hanafi Deputy Prime Minister
4. Maulvi Mohammad Yaqub Mujahid Acting Minister of Defense
5. Alhaj Mullah Sirajuddin Haqqani Acting Minister of Interior
6. Maulvi Amir Khan Mottaki, Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs
7. Mullah Hidayatullah Badri, Acting Minister of Finance
8. Sheikh Maulvi Noorullah Munir Acting Minister of Education
9. Mullah Khairullah Khairkhwa, Acting Minister of Information and Culture
10. Qari Din Hanif, Acting Minister of Economy
11. Sheikh Maulvi Noor Mohammad Saqib Acting Minister of Hajj and Religious Affairs
12. Maulvi Abdul Hakim Sharia, Acting Minister of Justice
13. Mullah Noorullah Noori Acting Minister of Borders and Tribal Affairs
14. Mullah Mohammad Yunus Akhundzada, Acting Minister of Rural Rehabilitation and Development
15. Sheikh Mohammad Khalid, Acting Minister of Preaching and Guidance, and Amr Bill Maruf Wa Anil Munkar
16. Mullah Abdul Manan Omari, Acting Minister of Public Works
17. Haji Mullah Mohammad Issa Akhund Acting Minister of Mines and Petroleum
18. Mullah Abdul Latif Mansoor Acting Minister of Water and Power
19. Mullah Hamidullah Akhundzada, Acting Minister of Aviation and Transport
20. Maulvi Abdul Baqi Haqqani, Acting Minister of Higher Education
21. Maulvi Najibullah Haqqani, Acting Minister of Communications
22. Haji Khalil-ur-Rehman Haqqani, Acting Minister of Refugees
23. Mullah Abdul Haq Wasiq, Acting Director-General of Intelligence
24. Mr. Haji Mohammad Idris, Acting Director-General of Afghanistan Bank
25. Maulvi Ahmad Jan Ahmadi Acting Director-General of Administration
26. Mullah Mohammad Fazil Mazloom, Deputy Minister of Defense
27. Qari Fasihuddin Chief of Army
28. Mr. Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanekzai Deputy Foreign Minister
29. Maulvi Noor Jalal, Deputy Minister of Interior
30. Mr. Zabihullah Mujahid, Deputy Minister of Information and Culture
31. Mullah Taj Mir Jawad First Deputy Director General of Intelligence
32. Mullah Rahmatullah Najib, Deputy Director-General of Intelligence
33. Mullah Abdul Haq Akhund Deputy Minister of Interior in Counter Narcotics Affairs