Kandahar (BNA) The number of victims of yesterday’s suicide attack on a mosque in Kandahar has increased to forty-one.
At least three suicide bombers blew themselves up in front of hundreds of worshipers at the Imam Bargah Mosque in Kandahar after noon on Friday.
An official at Mirwais Hospital in Kandahar told BNA that the death toll had risen to forty-one.
Referring to the deteriorating health of some of the injured in the incident, the official said there was a possibility of an increase in casualties.
Seventy-six people were injured in the incident.
As a result of these explosions, part of the mosque collapsed, killing and injuring a number of worshipers.
The ISIS group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Zabihullah Mujahid, spokesman for the Islamic Emirate, condemned the attack, saying the perpetrators would soon be identified and brought to justice.
This is the second mosque explosion after the establishment of the Islamic Emirate in Afghanistan.
Last week, a similar explosion occurred at a mosque in Kunduz, an incident that left at least 50 people dead and dozens injured.
The ISIS group also claimed responsibility for the attack.